Our Vision, Mission, Values and Goals
What drives us? The answer is simple: our vision, mission, values and goals. Read more about these guiding principles here.
BTEC will be an international leader in education and training in biomanufacturing involving GMP production of high-value biological products. The BTEC facility and staff, and the industry-ready professionals it will help to educate and train, will serve as catalysts in establishing, attracting and expanding biomanufacturing facilities in North Carolina. BTEC will be an international center of excellence for the development of next generation technologies for biomanufacturing.
Through its unique facilities and excellent staff, BTEC provides a wide variety of high quality educational and training opportunities to develop skilled professionals for the biomanufacturing industry. In addition, it provides process services to industry, government and academia. Through these activities, BTEC contributes to the social and economic well-being of the state of North Carolina.
BTEC considers the following values to be critical to achieving our mission and vision:
BTEC's goals include the following:
- Educate NC State undergraduate and graduate students in all aspects of biomanufacturing.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of biomanufacturing industry professionals.
- Ensure that BTEC facilities and capacity remain industry relevant to accommodate existing and emerging manufacturing technologies.
- Support biotechnology companies in the development of novel products and new technologies for biomanufacturing.
- Educate high school students and teachers, college students, working professionals, and the public on career opportunities in biomanufacturing and the unique opportunities provided by BTEC.
- Provide leadership to the national and international biotechnology and biomanufacturing communities to help support and grow the industry.