Facilities and Equipment
To meet industry demands for students skilled in the operation of equipment and processes that are unique to biomanufacturing, BTEC is dedicated to providing hands-on training using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The 77,700 gross-square-foot main facility features high-tech classrooms and laboratories with bench-scale and pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment. The BTEC Annex has an additional 5,000 gross square feet for viral processing, cell culture, and purification. The largest laboratory area is a simulated-cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) production facility.
BTEC's training facilities feature:
- 7,200 gsf high-tech classrooms
- 43,700+ gsf lab training space
- Stainless steel bioreactors at 30-L and 300-L scales
- Disposable bioreactors
- Automation with next-generation distributed control architecture
- Analytical Lab
- Downstream separation and purification processes
- Aseptic processing operations
- Numerous bench-scale labs to enable learning in next-generation biotechnology and biomanufacturing technologies such as animal cell and tissue culture, virus processing, protein and metabolic engineering, miniaturization, high throughput technologies, and bioanalytical methodologies
Shaded areas on the first-floor and second-floor plans indicate spaces that can be seen on the BTEC virtual tour.
BTEC Virtual tour
Explore BTEC's large-scale and cell culture lab suites in this virtual tour.