Applied Monitoring and Control for Advanced Biomanufacturing
Register through our online system by selecting the above link.
|10% Hands-on lab experience|
|50% Hands-on software experience|
|50% Fundamentals and concepts|
|50% Industry applications|
This course can count toward your Professional Certificate in Biomanufacturing Science.
Why should you attend?
To obtain knowledge of advanced manufacturing technologies to monitor and control biomanufacturing operations within a regulatory and industry 4.0 framework. Engage in pilot-scale laboratory experiences that incorporate different advanced sensors, data analytics, and control strategies. Learn how to handle, condition, and analyze multivariate data matrices using commercial software packages.
Attend and you will learn
- The intention/expectations of the PAT initiative within a scientific and regulatory context
- The differences between some of the most commonly used advanced bioprocess analyzers as well as their capabilities and limitations
- How to set-up a process analyzer to monitor a bioreactor— using Raman spectroscopy, as an example
- How to handle multivariate data as well as to generate data-driven descriptive/predictive process models
- The concept of “soft sensing” and how to design a soft sensor using a machine-learning algorithm
- Understand the concepts of process condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
- The basics of modeling spectroscopic data and how to generate real-time bioreactor predictive models — using Raman spectroscopy, as an example
- The different control strategies used during bio-reactions
Who should attend
Scientists, engineers or consultants working in the biomanufacturing industry with roles in:
- Process development
- Manufacturing sciences
- R&D, and
Attend and you will receive
- 21 hours of instruction
- Morning coffee
- Afternoon beverage break
- Certificate of attendance
Saly Romero-Torres, Ph.D.
All courses are offered on site at BTEC, other than online courses. The Golden LEAF BTEC building is located at 850 Oval Drive on NC State University's Centennial Campus.
BTEC accepts payment from all major credit cards including American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. If you wish to pay by company check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information immediately after registering.
A 20% discount is available to:
- Employees of BMF companies
- Groups of five or more from one company registering for the same offering of this course
- Individuals registering for more than one course at a time
- Society of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (SIMB) members
A 30% discount is available to faculty/staff working in academic environments.
Check out BTEC’s professional development certificate program for an additional way to save money on short course costs.
Short course cancellations
Cancellation by registrant
To cancel a registration and be eligible for a refund of course fees, you must notify BTEC by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu or fax to 919-513-1697. Fees are refunded according to the following schedule:
- 100% refund – If notification is received at least 15 business days in advance of course start date
- 75% refund – If notification is received 10–14 business days in advance of course start date
- 50% refund – If notification is received 6–9 business days in advance of course start date
- No refund will be issued if notice is received 5 or fewer business days in advance of course start
Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the course start date. Notify the BTEC office by fax at 919-513-1697 or by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu. Please include the name and email contact for the replacement. Please note that BTEC is unable to honor substitutions for individuals taking discounted courses as part of the professional development certificate program.
Cancellation by BTEC
BTEC retains the right to cancel a professional development short course no less than 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course start date. Registrants will be notified by BTEC if a course is cancelled and will receive a full refund of registration fees paid. BTEC is not responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.
Registered course participants will receive an email two weeks before the scheduled course with detailed information regarding travel to BTEC, parking information, and a short pre-course questionnaire.