Chromatography Column Packing: Foundations and Applications
May 23–25, 2017
|25% Discussion/group activity|
|50% Hands-on lab experience|
|40% Fundamentals and concepts|
|30% Industry applications|
|30% Emerging technologies|
This course can count toward your Professional Certificate in Biomanufacturing Science.
Why should you attend?
A well-packed chromatography column is critical to chromatographic separations. Low quality chromatography column packing leads to uneven mobile phase distribution and poor resin contacting ultimately leading to lower yields, less separation and reduced product quality. This course is designed to explain and demonstrate the factors that influence column packing from both a theoretical and hands-on perspective.
Attend and you will learn
- Fluid mechanics of flow in packed beds
- Theoretical basis of mass transfer in packed beds
- The effects of incompressible versus compressible chromatography resin
- Different packing techniques
- Analytical methods for determining column packing quality
- Packing parameter selection to ensure a robust, reproducible packing procedure
Who should attend
- Production personnel responsible for column packing, writing packing procedures, and addressing column performance issues
- Manufacturing science/technical services personnel responsible for writing packing procedures and addressing column performance issues
- Process development scientists and engineers responsible for developing chromatography packing procedures or working with chromatographic columns at bench- and pilot-scale
- Systems engineers interested in the design and handling aspects of columns based on production operations
Attend and you will receive
- 18.5 hours of instruction
- Morning coffee
- Afternoon beverage break
- Certificate of attendance
All courses are offered on site at BTEC, other than online courses. The Golden LEAF BTEC building is located at 850 Oval Drive on NC State University's Centennial Campus.
BTEC accepts payment from all major credit cards including American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. If you wish to pay by company check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information immediately after registering.
A 20% discount is available to:
- Employees of BMF companies
- Groups of five or more from one company registering for the same offering of this course
- Individuals registering for more than one course at a time
- Society of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (SIMB) members
A 30% discount is available to faculty/staff working in academic environments.
Check out BTEC’s professional development certificate program for an additional way to save money on short course costs.
Short course cancellations
Cancellation by registrant
To cancel a registration and be eligible for a refund of course fees, you must notify BTEC by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu or fax to 919-513-1697. Fees are refunded according to the following schedule:
- 100% refund – If notification is received at least 15 business days in advance of course start date
- 75% refund – If notification is received 10–14 business days in advance of course start date
- 50% refund – If notification is received 6–9 business days in advance of course start date
- No refund will be issued if notice is received 5 or fewer business days in advance of course start
Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the course start date. Notify the BTEC office by fax at 919-513-1697 or by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu. Please include the name and email contact for the replacement. Please note that BTEC is unable to honor substitutions for individuals taking discounted courses as part of the professional development certificate program.
Cancellation by BTEC
BTEC retains the right to cancel a professional development short course no less than 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course start date. Registrants will be notified by BTEC if a course is cancelled and will receive a full refund of registration fees paid. BTEC is not responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.
Registered course participants will receive an email two weeks before the scheduled course with detailed information regarding travel to BTEC, parking information, and a short pre-course questionnaire.