Biopharmaceutical Assay Essentials
Register through our online system by selecting a link above.
|20% Discussion/group activity|
|50% Hands-on lab experience|
|20% Fundamentals and concepts|
|80% Industry applications|
This course can count toward your Professional Certificate in Biomanufacturing Science.
Why should you attend?
Attend this course to gain a fundamental understanding of successful bioanalytical assay development and validation. This course is composed of primarily hands-on activities with some lecture. You’ll get hands-on experience with designing and developing an ELISA. After assay optimization, the ELISA will be validated by considering ICH guideline Q2(R1). You’ll gain an appreciation for the complexities involved in biopharmaceutical analysis and learn about troubleshooting, data analysis, and experimental design. You’ll also gain a fundamental understanding of analytical technologies used in biomanufacturing QC/analytical laboratories and get hands-on experience with HPLC, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, spectroscopy, and gel electrophoresis. In addition, you’ll gain an appreciation for the various tools available for biopharmaceutical analysis.
Attend and you will learn
- In-depth operation of ELISA
- How to design, develop, optimize and validate an ELISA
- Common protein conjugation strategies
- Critical sources of variability in ELISAs
- Bioanalytical method development and validation
- Basic operation of HPLC, MALDI-TOF techniques
- How to use peptide mass fingerprinting for protein characterization
- Protein sizing techniques
- Purity assessment
- Basic assay design
Who should attend
- Professionals new to the biopharmaceutical industry or entering new work assignments encompassing analytical or QC environments
- Professionals with previous QC/analytical experience who want to learn new techniques and/or broaden their understanding
Attend and you will receive
- 14 hours of instruction (1.4 Continuing Education Units)
- Morning coffee
- Afternoon beverage break
- Certificate of attendance
- Full four-day course: $2,720
- Part 1 only (two days): $1,360
- Part 2 only (two days): $1,360
All courses are offered on site at BTEC, other than online courses. The Golden LEAF BTEC building is located at 850 Oval Drive on NC State University's Centennial Campus.
BTEC accepts payment from all major credit cards including American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. If you wish to pay by company check, please email email@example.com for additional information immediately after registering.
A 20% discount is available to:
- Employees of BMF companies
- Groups of five or more from one company registering for the same offering of this course
- Individuals registering for more than one course at a time
- Society of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (SIMB) members
A 30% discount is available to faculty/staff working in academic environments.
Check out BTEC’s professional development certificate program for an additional way to save money on short course costs.
Short course cancellations
Cancellation by registrant
To cancel a registration and be eligible for a refund of course fees, you must notify BTEC by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu or fax to 919-513-1697. Fees are refunded according to the following schedule:
- 100% refund – If notification is received at least 15 business days in advance of course start date
- 75% refund – If notification is received 10–14 business days in advance of course start date
- 50% refund – If notification is received 6–9 business days in advance of course start date
- No refund will be issued if notice is received 5 or fewer business days in advance of course start
Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the course start date. Notify the BTEC office by fax at 919-513-1697 or by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu. Please include the name and email contact for the replacement. Please note that BTEC is unable to honor substitutions for individuals taking discounted courses as part of the professional development certificate program.
Cancellation by BTEC
BTEC retains the right to cancel a professional development short course no less than 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course start date. Registrants will be notified by BTEC if a course is cancelled and will receive a full refund of registration fees paid. BTEC is not responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.
Registered course participants will receive an email two weeks before the scheduled course with detailed information regarding travel to BTEC, parking information, and a short pre-course questionnaire.