Cell Culture Bioreactors for MAb Production
Why Should You Attend?
Gain a fundamental understanding of bioreactor technology used in production of therapeutic proteins (monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, growth hormones) and vaccines by large-scale animal cell culture. Get hands-on experience with single-use (disposable) bioreactors and process analytical technology (PAT). Learn about recent trends in bioreactor technology.
Attend and You Will Learn
- Design of animal cell culture bioreactors, including suspension and immobilized cell bioreactors, conventional stainless steel stirred tanks, and disposable (single-use) bioreactors
- Pros and cons for bioreactor types (stirred tank, wave, microcarrier) and strategies (batch, fed-batch, perfusion)
- Scale-up/scale-down and optimum performance of stirred tank bioreactors for large-scale production of therapeutic proteins
- Advanced automation and control of animal cell culture processes, including bioreactor PAT
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the biopharmaceutical industry or entering new work assignments encompassing bioreactor operations, upstream process development, and scale-up/scale-down of bioreactors
- Professionals with previous fermentation experience who want to learn about large-scale animal cell culture
- Professionals working in bioprocess equipment design and biopharmaceutical facilities design who want background knowledge of animal cell culture engineering
Attend and You Will Receive
- 1.9 CEUs
- Morning coffee
- Afternoon beverage break
- Certificate of attendance
FEE AND DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
- A 20% discount is available to:
- Employees of BMF companies
- Groups of five or more from one company registering for the same offering of this course
- Individuals registering for more than one course at a time
- A 50% discount is available to faculty/staff working in academic environments
- A special discount is available to members of the Society for Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (SIMB)
Please see detailed information about discounts on the online registration site.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SHORT COURSE CANCELLATION STATEMENT
Cancellation by registrant
To cancel a registration and be eligible for a refund of course fees, you must notify BTEC by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu or fax to 919-513-1697. Fees are refunded according to the following schedule:
- 100% refund – If notification is received at least 10 business days in advance of course start date
- 75% refund – If notification is received 6-9 business days in advance of course start date
- No refund will be issued if notice is received 5 or fewer business days in advance of course start
Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the course start date; notify the BTEC office by fax at 919-513-1697 or by e-mail to Melody_Woodyard@ncsu.edu.
Cancellation by BTEC
BTEC retains the right to cancel a professional development short course no less than 10 business days in advance of the scheduled course start date. Registrants will be notified by BTEC if a course is cancelled and will receive a full refund of registration fees paid. BTEC is not responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.