We are hiring!
Updated November 14, 2019
BTEC, the Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center at NC State University, seeks to fill several professional staff (non-faculty) positions. Two of these are related to the new five-year Accelerated Innovation in Manufacturing Biologics (AIM–Bio) project, which was recently funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation. AIM–Bio will establish a world-class program in bioprocess research and development and workforce training that focuses on products and technologies for the future of biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The program will involve carrying out nine new research projects, developing and offering eight new professional development courses, and creating an international collaboration and exchange program with the Technical University of Denmark.
Current openings include the following:
- Program Manager – AIM-Bio (Position # 00107838) – The AIM–Bio program manager will hold a full-time senior staff position at BTEC and report directly to the executive director of BTEC and the Steering Committee for AIM–Bio. This individual will play a key role in managing all areas of the program: development and implementation of short courses, research and development projects, and international exchanges.
- Senior Scientist – AIM-Bio (Two openings) (Position #00107842) – In support of AIM–Bio, duties of this position include participating in research projects and developing and delivering short courses to industry professionals. Topics of particular interest include protein precipitation, spray drying and freeze drying of biopharmaceutical products, fermentation and cell culture process development, and trends in biopharmaceutical recovery and purification.
- Research Program Manager (Position #00106599) – This position will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to remain actively engaged in cutting-edge scientific research but not necessarily at the bench or as PI. The Research Program Manager will lead the operation and growth of BTEC’s new Bioprocess Research program and provide operational and strategic program management leadership for new and ongoing projects. This individual will work with scientific teams to track potential grant opportunities, coordinate, evaluate, and manage research milestones, budgets, contracts, or grants. Projects will focus on the biopharmaceutical industry and may include fermentation, cell culture, purification, and analytical technologies.
- Scientist 1 (Position #00065654) – Among the duties of this position is executing internally and externally funded projects within BTEC, including developing a transduction assay for QC of gene therapy vectors, maintaining and expanding the cell line/plasmid banking initiative, developing cell lines, optimization and scale up of gene therapy vector production.
Postdoctoral Research Scholar (Position # 00107853) In support of AIM–Bio, a postdoctoral candidate is sought for a project on the design, synthesis, and characterization of host cell protein-binding peptides to be utilized as ligands for the purification of protein therapeutics by removal of impurities via flow-through-mode chromatography. The postdoctoral scholar will work on the synthesis and screening of peptide libraries and the production and characterization of peptide-based adsorbents for protein purification by flow-through mode chromatography.
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar (Position # 00107854) In support of AIM–Bio, a postdoctoral candidate is sought for a project on the design, synthesis, and characterization of protein-binding peptides to be utilized as ligands for protein purification. The postdoctoral scholar will work on the synthesis and screening of peptide libraries and the production and characterization of peptide-based adsorbents for protein purification by bind-and-elute affinity chromatography.
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar (Position # 00107855) In support of AIM–Bio, a postdoctoral candidate is sought for a project on the design, production, and characterization of particle-impregnated nonwoven membranes to be utilized for the purification of therapeutic proteins. The postdoctoral scholar will work on the functionalization and impregnation of silica particles in non-woven membranes and the characterization of the resulting adsorbents for protein purification by flow-through mode chromatographic polishing.
- Biomanufacturing Training Associate (Position #00065572) – This position provides support for lab activities associated with both NC State University undergraduate and graduate courses and BTEC’s Professional Development short course program. In addition, the BTA supports projects that are part of BTEC’s Bioprocess and Analytical Services program.
We encourage interested applicants to view full job descriptions and instructions for applying at jobs.ncsu.edu. Openings may close at any time. Open positions at BTEC can always be located by searching for “BTEC” in the keywords field.