Governor signs Connect NC bond proposal at BTEC
Published Oct. 22, 2015
Gov. Pat McCrory visited BTEC Wednesday, Oct. 21, where he signed the Connect NC Bond Act of 2015, a bond proposal to support infrastructure needs throughout North Carolina's university and community college systems, National Guard installations, and local water and sewer systems. More than 100 individuals filled BTEC's atrium for the event.
Voters will cast their ballots on the $2 billion bond package during the March 2016 primary election. Among other items, the bond proposal includes:
- $980 million to upgrade science, engineering and business education facilities at 14 public university campuses and to support repairs and renovations at campuses statewide;
- $350 million to the community college system to make improvements at every community college across the state;
- $70 million to the N.C. National Guard to build and modernize needed regional readiness centers;
- $8.5 million to a public safety training academy; and
- More than $300 million in grant and loan programs to improve water and sewer infrastructure in communities statewide.
For more information on Connect NC, visit connect.nc.gov.