Facilities and Equipment
To meet industry demands for students skilled in the operation of equipment and processes that are unique to biomanufacturing, BTEC is dedicated to providing hands-on training using start-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The 82,500 gross sq. foot main facility features high-tech classrooms and laboratories with bench-scale and pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment. The BTEC Annex has an additional 5000 gross sq. feet for viral processing. Our largest laboratory area is a simulated-cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) production facility.
BTEC's training facilities feature:
- 9,000 gsf high-tech classrooms
- 66,000+ gsf lab training space
- Bioreactors and control systems
- Automation with next-generation distributed control architecture
- Analytical Lab
- Downstream separation and purification processes
- Aseptic processing operations
- Numerous bench-scale labs to enable learning in next-generation biomanufacturing technologies such as disposables, animal cell and tissue culture, virus, cell therapy, protein and metabolic engineering, miniaturization and high throughput technologies and bioanalytical methodologies
Additionally, our labs were specifically designed to provide education in areas including: quadplexed fermenters bioreactor preparation, cleaning and operation, cell and protein harvest and recovery, protein purification, product characterization, and sterile filling and packaging.